Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Lady E...honoring my hands


My hands are dynamic. My hands often have a mind of their own. Sometimes it takes my head a few minutes to catch up to what my hands seem to do automatically.


Central to my palm is my energy center where I feel Spirit first. My fire finger is used carefully to control creative endeavors, never is it used to direct pain. The thumb balances the weight of tools I may use, it also balances my fingers. Pinky, ring and middle finger seem to dance with creative energy, who knows where they will take me.


I am Lady E. These are the knotted, sometimes aching fingers that have brought me through athletics, gardening, years of creative undertakings including sewing, drawing, painting, crochet, baking, weaving and more. I realize as I think more of my hands how blessed I am that they work so well, so effortlessly.


Thank you, Sister in Pink, Miss Druinda for reminding me how perfect my hands can be, thank you for helping me honor them. What will we honor next week? I vote for chocolate!


No comments: